Monday, April 1, 2013

Trying Everything On...

Hi guys!  Happy April Fool's Day!  I had considered playing a prank but I really cannot top my post from a few years back! The comments are priceless!  I read them again today!  LOL!

Today I want to share the beginning process of the secretary I am working on.  The original factory finish was pretty but it was a little plastic looking.  Too perfect.  Also, the colors weren't working in the Breakfast Room.


I tried on the new (antique) hardware and the flame finials.  It is currently painted in Annie Sloan Coco but I am going over it in Graphite and solely Dark Wax tonight, then I will add the decoupage panels.   I still don't know what color I will paint the interior.  It's a toss up between Annie Sloan Duck Egg, Louis Blue or Aubusson.  Once I install the panels I will have a better idea.


Aren't the tulips beautiful?



This is a better view of the hardware.  I have aged the brassy escutcheons with burnt umber paint.

I am excited about this one!

I hope everything goes as planned!

xo

Andie


12 comments:

  1. Oh, that is going to look soooooo good. Love the new hardware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking how it is evolving...
    I am excited too!!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the tulips and brass .. details are everything and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. O yes, love it!, allways such fun to see how you transform pieces! Thank you for sharing with us- love from this side of the globe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good.
    As for April Fool's Day, the weather played one on us. We had a huge snow storm so our Easter looked more like Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andie your secretary is looking so wonderful and love those flame finials! I'm going to have to see what I can find on ebay since I'm loving yours.

    XXX
    Debra~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have purchased the last set! Geeesh! The competition was fierce! I have some drapery finials posted on my Pinterest that I was going to use as backup if I didn't win the auction! They are really beautiful!

      Delete
  7. Andie,

    I like what you've done so far, but isn't it really more of a GRAY than a COCO color? I se what you meant about the original factory-made decorations being too plastic. The piece has an unusual "bonnet." I've been trying to figure out what to call the style -- do you know? It looks like something from the eighteenth-century, but certainly neither English nor French. Maybe Italian -- or Spanish?

    Hey! You never told us how you're brunch went on Sunday. I'm eager to know what you served, and how many attended, and if it was a happy time for you, and all that.

    Please report as asap. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda peça, a cor é bonita, mas nós aqui do Brasil, temos gosto pela madeira em tom natural ou com cores vivas. Deve ser uma herança africana. Sua sala está muito bonita e a flor tulipa deu um toque de vida muito chique. Parabéns sua casa está belíssima.
    Tenha uma ótima semana.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...